Monday, August 31, 2009

Meet the Class 2011 - Daniel


One of the unique attributes of the DeVos Sport Business Management Program is the network of students who make up our program. Our class will take every course together during our tenure here at UCF and we will work on countless group projects and collaborative efforts. As a result of our shared interests in the business of sport, a natural team camaraderie is formed. However, our team is composed of people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and ambitions. We offer profiles of class members to give you an idea as to the type of people who make up our program, individuals who collectively will be leaders in sport and society and will be teammates for life.

Name: Daniel Caudy

Hometown: Hilton Head, South Carolina

Undergraduate School & Major: University of South Carolina. Bachelor of Science in Sport and Entertainment Management

Past Sports Industry Experiences: I have completed two internships to date. My first internship was with the Columbia Inferno. a minor league hockey team in the ECHL. My second internship was with the Compliance Office of the Georgia Tech Athletic Association in Atlanta, Georgia.

Current G.A. or Sports Industry Related Internship/Job: Graduate Assistantship with The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport

Reasons for Choosing the DeVos Program: I chose the DeVos program for several reasons. The fact that the program is highly regarded throughout the country and puts an emphasis on business principles as well as sport was a deciding factor. The emphasis the program places on ethics, diversity, and social change brought through sport were extremely important to me as I believe sport is a vehicle through which we can make a difference in society. The opportunity to work with a small, tight-knit group of people who share my interests for 16 months excited me. Lastly, the opportunity to learn from some of the world-class professors who lead this program made DeVos seem like the perfect place for me.

Future Career Ambitions (1 to 2 sentences): I have not completely decided what I want to do once I have completed the DeVos program. As of right now I have two ultimate goals: The Athletics Director for a BCS conference school, and the President/General Manager of a National Hockey League team. In the short term I hope to be gainfully employed by a BCS conference school, an NHL team, or the NCAA or NHL national offices.

No comments: