Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meet The Class 2011 - Christina


One of the unique attributes of the DeVos Sport Business Management Program is the network of students who make up our program. Our class will take every course together during our tenure here at UCF and we will work on countless group projects and collaborative efforts. As a result of our shared interests in the business of sport, a natural team camaraderie is formed. However, our team is composed of people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and ambitions. We offer profiles of class members to give you an idea as to the type of people who make up our program, individuals who collectively will be leaders in sport and society and will be teammates for life.


Name: Christina Li Russell

Hometown: St. Clair Shores, MI

Undergraduate School & Major: Central Michigan University – Sport Studies FIRE UP CHIPS!!!

Past Sports Industry Experiences: I worked for the Central Michigan Men’s Basketball Program as a Student Manager. I have also coached a High School freshmen Volleyball team.

Current G.A. or Sports Industry Related Internship/Job: I currently work for The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport.

Reasons for Choosing the DeVos Program: I chose to only apply to the DeVos Sport Business Management Program because I
believe in the core values and goals that this program has to offer. Upholding ethical standards and using sport to improve society are values that I will focus on throughout my time in the program and in my career.

Future Career Ambitions (1 to 2 sentences): Currently I would like to work for a Professional Team on the community relations side of business. But the DeVos program opens your eyes to many careers I did not know was possible so I am open to other options.

If you could play a round of golf with any three sports figures (dead or alive, on the field or off) who would you choose and why?:

1. Arthur Ashe: aside from his pure athletic skill on the court, he was a force for political and social change in sport.
2. Muhammad Ali: greatest heavyweight boxing champ ever, who is in my opinion, unparalleled both in and out of the ring.
3. Billie Jean King: Phenomenal tennis player but most importantly an advocate for the women’s movement in sport against sexism.

No comments: