Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Pride of the Vermont Catamounts

Hey everyone! My name is Eric Little and I'm a first-year student in the DeVos Sports Business Program at UCF. I wanted to use this first blog as a chance to introduce myself by telling you who I am, where I come from, what I’ve done and what I want to do, so here goes.

I am originally from Milton, Vermont which is a town of 10,000 people about an hour from Montreal, Canada. For my undergraduate work I attended the University of Vermont (UVM) and graduated last May with a degree in Business Administration and a concentration in human resources and sports management.

While at UVM I was a tour guide for three years, which took me to places like Boston, New York City, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C. while talking to people about UVM. Being a tour guide also helped land me an internship with UVM athletics my senior year. I also worked with Alternative Spring Break for all four years. UVM has one of the best programs in the country of its kind, with ten trips of ten students going out and doing community service during the spring break. I went on trips in Mississippi, Georgia, Kentucky, and Tennessee while in college. Finally, I studied abroad in London during the summer between my junior and senior year through a program at Florida State University called Global Sports. The program involved trips to Wimbledon, the British Open, and the Tour de France, among others.

I believe sports can be a vehicle for social change and that sports teams, at all levels of competition, have an obligation to give back to the people with whom they share their community. I am with the DeVos Program because it believes that too. I would like to accomplish these things professionally with either NBA Cares or an individual team in the NBA.

Eric

No comments: