Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meet The Class of 2010 - Jacque


One of the unique attributes of the DeVos Sport Business Management Program is the network of students who make up our program. Our class will take every course together during our tenure here at UCF and we will work on countless group projects and collaborative efforts. As a result of our shared interests in the business of sport, a natural team camaraderie is formed. However, our team is composed of people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and ambitions. We offer profiles of class members to give you an idea as to the type of people who make up our program, individuals who collectively will be leaders in sport and society and will be teammates for life.


Name: Jacquelyn Pannell
Hometown: Bloomfield, CT
Undergraduate College: Emmanuel College
Undergraduate Major: Business Management
Background: NBAtv Brand Ambassador for the 2008 NBA Finals, Director of Teens-N-Motion Sports Camp, Intern for The Center for the Study of Sport in Society, President of the Great Northeast Athletic Conference’s SAAC, Captain of the Emmanuel Saints Women’s Basketball Team, Assistant to the Emmanuel College Athletic Director

Current G.A. Position or Industry Job: Graduate Assistant for National Consortium for Academics and Sport (NCAS)

Future Career Goals: My goal is to work for an organization that will allow me to incorporate my passions for sports, diversity, service, and event planning.

Reasons For Choosing DeVos: I choose the DeVos program because of its emphasis on diversity and ethics in sports. My mentor, Dr. Rissmeyer, advised me to continue my education at a place where I would learn not only in the classroom but from the leaders the program. When I researched the program I realized that the director was the keynote speaker at my first diversity conference in high school and founder of the organization where I was doing my internship. The rest is history!

No comments: