Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Meet The Class 2011 - Jaclyn


One of the unique attributes of the DeVos Sport Business Management Program is the network of students who make up our program. Our class will take every course together during our tenure here at UCF and we will work on countless group projects and collaborative efforts. As a result of our shared interests in the business of sport, a natural team camaraderie is formed. However, our team is composed of people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and ambitions. We offer profiles of class members to give you an idea as to the type of people who make up our program, individuals who collectively will be leaders in sport and society and will be teammates for life.

Name: Jaclyn Garris

Hometown: Vero Beach, FL

Undergraduate School & Major: Elon University and Leisure and Sport Management

Past Sports Industry Experiences: Elon University Game Operations and Ticketing Department (2 years), Boston Celtics- Intern in the Game Operations and Special Events Department (Summer 2007), National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics (NACDA)-Intern (2008-2009)

Current G.A. or Sports Industry Related Internship/Job: Projects Manager Intern-ANNIKA Foundation

Reasons for Choosing the DeVos Program: The DeVos Program combines practical business applications to the sports industry while providing a major emphasis on service and diversity. It has allowed me to return to my home state and attend a top 5 nationally ranked program.

Future Career Ambitions (1 to 2 sentences): I hope to work with the game of golf and combine my passion for the game with philanthropic ventures so that others may benefit from it as much as I have.

If you could play a round of golf with any three sports figures (dead or alive, on the field or off) whom would you choose and why? (Examples: Michael Jordan, David Stern, Pat Summit) I would love to play with Tiger Woods, Annika Sorenstam, and my father. Tiger and Annika are, in my opinion, the most dominant players on their respective tours. I have always looked up to both of them, not only for their on-course skills but also for their discipline, charitable nature, and business acumen. I will always have my dad as my playing partner as he is the one who taught me how to play and knows my game the best.

No comments: