Thursday, September 6, 2012

Meet the Clas of 2014: Robert Agusta

Each fall, the DeVos Program welcomes a new group of enthusiastic, socially responsible, and productive young sport business professionals into its family. In an ongoing series, we will be highlighting the students of the Class of 2014. Welcome to DeVos!

Name: Robert Agusta

Hometown: DeBary, FL

Undergraduate School & Major: Stetson University, Finance & BBA

Past Sport Industry Experience: NHL Business Development Intern, Orlando Magic Community Relations Intern, Daytona International Speedway Box Office

Current GA or Sport Internship/Job: TIDES (WNBA, RGRC, and College RGRC) & Website Coordinator

Reasons for choosing the DeVos Program: It's one of the best programs in the country, the program's focus on ethics and diversity, and its location in Florida.

Future Career Ambitions: My goal is to work with an NBA franchise again. I would like to have a career in marketing (probably brand marketing or event presentation) or finance.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? If I could have any superpower, it would be the ability to fly. Why, because I hate traffic. Plus, ladies love it.

If you could trade jobs with anyone alive, who would it be and why? I would trade jobs with Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan because the Orlando Magic are my favorite franchise and I think it would be an incredible experience to try to build them into a championship contender. Although, I think this is a dream that’s best kept as just that.

No comments: