Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Meet the Class of 2014: Janelle Diaz

Each fall, the DeVos Program welcomes a new group of enthusiastic, socially responsible, and productive young sport business professionals into its family. In an ongoing series, we will be highlighting the students of the Class of 2014. Welcome to DeVos!

Name: Janelle Diaz

Hometown: Miami, FL

Undergraduate School & Major: Florida State University - Sport Management

Past Sport Industry Experience: At Florida State University, I was a manager on the women's basketball team for two years. I also worked at University of Miami as a Wellness Coach for five years.

Current GA or Sport Internship/Job: Graduate Assistant for the National Consortium for Academics and Sports

Reasons for choosing the DeVos Program: I chose the DeVos Program for its strong emphasis on diversity and ethical issues. Not only to learn more about these issues, but also the opportunity to make a difference. When I volunteered with the program before I chose to apply, I truly got an understanding of the program's mission, and really liked the family atmosphere here.

Future Career Ambitions: Upon completion of the program, I would like to develop into one of the next generation women leaders in sports, and truly make a difference in the sports community. I would like to work in operations and administration for the WNBA.

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? If I could have any superpower, I would have the power to read minds. It will allow me to understand people better, and really get an insight on how they really feel about things.

If you could trade jobs with anyone alive right now, who would it be and why? If I could trade jobs with anyone, I would trade jobs with Oprah. Her ability to conquer so much success and continue to strive for higher is something I admire. Also, her continuous efforts to help people and make a difference all over the world.

No comments: