Thursday, March 24, 2011

The DeVos Life

Wow!!! How time flies and what an experience this has been so far. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the TOP sports management program in the country. The atmosphere (inclusive and ever-evolving based on the current status of sports ) and approach (hands-on and in-depth) provides me the ability to create my own learning niche that corresponds with my career aspirations. The material and knowledge that I am learning can be specifically targeted and focused to what I will be doing in the future.

It feels good to know how I can be a part of the development of the sports industry in the sense of the societal impact that I can and will have in comparison to just a mere addition to the sports industry. In my opinion, this program calls for all of us to be held accountable for our actions and by the time we leave we understand how are actions can positively or negatively affect the industry and even more important society.

It is hard to imagine that I have almost completed two semesters. Two more semesters to go and off all of us go into this industry being the best equipped leaders to handle the current and future issues of this industry. I feel very blessed to have this opportunity and do not take this time in my life for granted. I'm eager to see what the future holds because I know that all of my cohorts will be change agents in sports. Can't wait!! Let the countdown begin!!!



Simone Jackson
DeVos Sports Business Management '12
University of Central Florida
Graduate Assistant - The Institute of Diversity and Ethics in Sport (TIDES)



No comments: