Monday, March 28, 2011

Meet the Class - Francisco

One of the unique attributes of the DeVos Sport Business Management Program is the network of students who make up our program. Our class will take every course together during our tenure here at UCF and we will work on countless group projects and collaborative efforts. As a result of our shared interests in the business of sport, a natural team camaraderie is formed. However, our team is composed of people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and ambitions. We offer profiles of class members to give you an idea as to the type of people who make up our program, individuals who collectively will be leaders in sport and society and will be teammates for life.

Name: Francisco Aristeguieta

Hometown: Caracas, Venezuela

Undergraduate School & Major: University of South Florida, Finance

Current G.A. or Sports Industry Related Internship/Job:
*Graduate Assistant for TIDES
*NASCAR Diversity Department

Reasons for Choosing the DeVos Program:
My first reason was that my undergrad mentor, Justin Miller, told me that DeVos was the place for me. I have always trusted Justin, but once I started to research the program I realized that I want to be part of this family.


Future Career Ambitions (1 to 2 sentences):
My future plans are to work with soccer in Europe and learn as much as I can, so I can go back to my country and apply what I would learn. I think soccer is a key to make changes in Venezuela.

If you could have any superpower what would you choose and why?
I would like to be able to change people’s mind. With this power I would try my best to change the way leaders in my country think, so they can start helping to build a better Venezuela.


If you had the opportunity to interview anyone dead or alive, who would you choose and what would you most want to know?
I would to interview my grand father (dad’s side), Fernando Aristeguieta. He died when I was 2 years old, so I never had the chance to really know him. He was one of Venezuela's most prominent engineers, and a devote person to social changes. He built schools for low income kids, and he constantly made donations for different organizations. He was a very loved and admired person by many, and when he died the President of Venezuela at that time assisted in his burial. I know that having the chance to talk to him even for just a few minutes would help me tremendously in my career.




No comments: