Thursday, March 24, 2011

Meet the Class - Andrew

One of the unique attributes of the DeVos Sport Business Management Program is the network of students who make up our program. Our class will take every course together during our tenure here at UCF and we will work on countless group projects and collaborative efforts. As a result of our shared interests in the business of sport, a natural team camaraderie is formed. However, our team is composed of people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and ambitions. We offer profiles of class members to give you an idea as to the type of people who make up our program, individuals who collectively will be leaders in sport and society and will be teammates for life.

Name: Andrew H. Lilly

Hometown: Dallas, TX

Undergraduate School & Major: The University of Texas at Austin; Sport Management

Past Sports Industry Experiences:
*Championships/Events Intern at The University of Texas at Austin
*Sports Services Intern at Conference USA
*2007 & 2008 Phillips 66 Big 12 Women’s Basketball Championship Intern
*Professional Exchange Participant at Texas Christian University


Current G.A. or Sports Industry Related Internship/Job:
*Graduate Assistant for The Institute for Diversity and Ethics in Sport
*Content Marketing Associate for SportsBusinessWire.com


Reasons for Choosing the DeVos Program:
DeVos chose me. The program entered my radar during my junior year of undergrad. I set my course for this program, and by God’s grace, I made it here. I valued the program’s emphasis on diversity, ethics, and the communities we serve.


Future Career Ambitions (1 to 2 sentences):
I want to work in collegiate athletics and serve as an advocate, mentor, role model, and friend to student athletes. I love social networking, writing, and tackling social issues, so I hope to implement these into my career as well.

If you could have any superpower what would you choose and why?
Let me channel my inner X-Man and go with Archangel’s superpowers. He can fly and heal others. I’m cheating by picking two superpowers. Sue me.


If you had the opportunity to interview anyone dead or alive, who would you choose and what would you most want to know?
I would interview the one grandparent I never got to meet, and that is my maternal grandfather, Rochelle Foreman. I’d like to know kept him going every day, what life was like for him, and if I make him proud.

Do you have any closing thoughts?
Yes, I’m glad you asked. Follow me. Facebook me. E-mail me. Text me. Call me. Skype me. I pride myself on being available to those who reach out to me even if it gets me in trouble. I love my phone. I love people.



No comments: