Friday, March 11, 2011

Meet the Class - Kelly


One of the unique attributes of the DeVos Sport Business Management Program is the network of students who make up our program. Our class will take every course together during our tenure here at UCF and we will work on countless group projects and collaborative efforts. As a result of our shared interests in the business of sport, a natural team camaraderie is formed. However, our team is composed of people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and ambitions. We offer profiles of class members to give you an idea as to the type of people who make up our program, individuals who collectively will be leaders in sport and society and will be teammates for life.

Name: Kelly Higgins

Hometown: Port St. Lucie, FL

Undergraduate School & Major: Florida Southern College ‘10- Sports Management Major, Communications Minor

Past Sports Industry Experiences:
*New York/St. Lucie Mets- Administrative Assistant ’03-‘10
*IMG Academies- Performance Institute- Intern ‘09
*Lakeland Thunderbolts Indoor Football- Intern ’06-‘07
*Various volunteer experiences- ESPN, Superbowl, MLB, NCAA

Current G.A. or Sports Industry Related Internship/Job: Dr. Sutton’s G.A.

Reasons for Choosing the DeVos Program: I chose the DeVos program because I fell in love with its initiatives. I wanted a program that was very hands-on and DeVos provided that and so much more! I was initially attracted to the Dual-Degree but once I did some further research, I knew that with the community service, team-based approach, and the esteemed directors, I had to be in this program to get where I want to be in my career.

Future Career Ambitions (1 to 2 sentences): As of right now, I hope to pursue a career with a professional team in the community relations or special events department. Plan B- work for a sports related non-profit.

If you could have any superpower what would you choose and why? Fly! I love traveling and seeing the world!

If you had the opportunity to interview anyone dead or alive, who would you choose and what would you most want to know? Oprah Winfrey, I would want to know the top 5 most life changing experiences she has had.

No comments: